Dear Boys & Girls Club Family –
Safety is the number one priority of Boys & Girls Clubs of West Central Missouri, and we are doing everything possible to keep children, our staff, and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus. After monitoring local and state health reports, we have decided to close all Club Sites through the end of the week, March 20.
If local school districts decide to extend spring breaks and keep schools closed beyond March 20, Boys & Girls Club will also be closed. In the meantime, we are advising all our Club staff, families, and youth to continue to take precautions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If community members have additional questions, please contact Boys & Girls Club at 660-826-8331. Again, we are monitoring this situation diligently and will provide additional guidance to our community stakeholders as we learn more. As always, we place the safety of our Boys & Girls Club family at the highest level.