Boys & Girls Clubs of West Central Missouri celebrated staff and board members during its annual BGC Celebration, held Oct. 25. In addition to celebrating various accomplishments from the last year, awards were given to Club Sites, individuals and board members for their hard work and dedication to the Club.
Area Director Vicki Hart was named the full-time employee of the year and Cole Camp Youth Development Professional Jake Rogers was named the part-time employee of the year. Other awards included:
- 2019 Best Member Moment – Winner Jazzmine Jones, in recognition of a Club member who through courage and self-empowerment achieved greatness.
- 2019 Best Program of the Year – Winner Courtney Smith, for her adaptation of the Club’s Youth for Unity Program by teaching first grade members Spanish in a creative and fun environment.
- 2019 Best Service Project – Winner Torch Club, for providing financial and emotional support to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Jefferson City members after tornadoes and flooding hit the Club earlier this year.
- 2019 Professional Development Moment – Winner Lance Williams, for learning and sharing the techniques and philosophy behind crisis prevention and de-escalating stressful member moments.
- 2019 Partner Moment – Winner Andrea Smith, for being creative and diligent on members’ behalf in stewarding resources and relationships with community partners, nurturing Club growth.
- 2019 Whatever It Takes Staffer – Winner Tyler Hudson, for the staffer who lives, breathes, acts selflessly and has endless passion for the Club’s mission and who lets nothing impede the accomplishments of members and staff.
- 2019 Fun Moment – Winner All Club Sites, for their participation in the 2019 Rising Stars Talent Show.
- 2019 Volunteer of the Year – Winner Brenda Henderson, for sacrificing through dedicated service in furthering the mission and growth of members and their families.
- 2019 Opening the Door Moment – Winner Darren Pannier, for the passion and vision in being a strong, tireless advocate for Club members by sharing their heart with others.
- 2019 Whatever It Takes Board Member – Winner Barry Henderson for the board member who lives, breathes, acts selflessly and has endless passion for the Club’s mission and who lets nothing impede the accomplishments of members and staff.
- 2019 Board Member of the Year – Winner Trish Henson, for dedicated, sacrificial giving of time, talent and treasure to further the mission and service of Boys & Girls Club.
Finally, seven Club Sites were named Distinguished Club Sites in honor of their tireless committment to growth and providing the highest quality Club experience for members and families. Winners were The CLUB, Cole Camp, Green Ridge, Heber Hunt, Horace Mann, Smithton and Washington.